Chrome browser video buffer/playback problems

tgchan
Full Access
tgchan
Full Access
06/19/2021 12:57 pm

Am I the only one who constantly has problems with videos playing/buffer?[br][br]It's been like this since I can remember but I cannot take this any more.[br][br]It goes normal unless I skip to some other section/change resolution/or it changes on its own when I go fullscreen (which I have reported is a dumb idea to begin with... if I choose my video quality it should stay like this... not change on its own... doesn't matter if I go full or windowed mode)[br][br]Firefox seems to be okay/[br][br]EDIT:

No... firefox is slighly better but it still eventually hangs up and I have to reload the tab to get the video playing again...[br][br]Can someone do something with it!?

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
06/21/2021 5:20 pm

Thanks for writing in, and I'm so sorry to hear of the difficulty! Some of these suggestions are going to be what you've tried already. But we should go through these for confirmation sake. This issue is 99% connection related. Please try placing your computer closer to your web router, or try plugging in directly via an ethernet cable. Some of our videos are shot in 4K resolution, so a strong internet connection is required to watch these. Unless you alter the video resolution.

It sounds to us like you might just be experiencing a slower internet connection, and that your videos aren't buffering completely.

First, try adjusting your video quality settings. You can do this by hovering over the video and pressing the icon that looks like a GEAR, and then pressing QUALITY, which will bring up a series of numbers. The higher the number means the better the video quality. Setting your video quality to a lower number means it will load faster but the quality of the video may be a little blurrier.

We also suggest you test to see if this is tied to your web browser or device. Try using another web browser like Firefox or Google Chrome.

If that does not work, test using another device like a smart phone, tablet, or a desktop / laptop computer.

Let us know what you find.

If this doesn't resolve the issue please let us know and we will be happy to help further.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
jwow209
jwow209
07/07/2021 3:50 am

He correct, i also selected my video quality in my account settings . Then when I select a lesson, and then select the gear in the video to change the quality, it only offers auto and 360. When i started GT months ago, it offered quality 144 up to 4k

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.