Picture inserted in forum post does not display

RonaldR
Full Access
RonaldR
Full Access
05/11/2021 4:18 pm

Hi, this forum editor has a button to insert a picture into my post. However, it does not seem to work. I only see the meta-data description of the picture in the post, not the picture itself.

Is this feature supposed to work? I'm posting and viewing using a Chrome browser on a Mac. Thanks for your help

Here's an illustration of what I mean. I can see my uploaded picture when I first insert it into the editor, but after "Submit" it doesn't show anymore on the post:

# 1
RonaldR
Full Access
RonaldR
Full Access
05/11/2021 4:19 pm

Oh wait, shoot, now it's working...

I tried this same picture on a post in the Introductions Forum. Could that make a difference, i.e. that it's not in the full-access section? Maybe more security or restrictions there?

# 2
RonaldR
Full Access
RonaldR
Full Access
06/18/2021 9:26 pm

I think there's a SIZE LIMIT to these files?

Just my guess, but I had a couple of pictures start working after I manually edited them to a smaller file size on my computer, before uploading.

Very misleading, as the preview in the post shows the picture fine... then it just mysteriously doesn't work. If the picture is too large, the picture-upload feature should warn me, not show me a happy picture that isn't going to work.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.