A simple feature I would love...

SalvaX
SalvaX
12/31/2019 4:06 pm

Hi All,

[br]Each level in the Core Learning System (from Fundamentals to Level 2s) is made of Chapters (which are made of Lessons). It would be so useful if we could find links to 3-4 songs at the end of each Chapter. The songs should be "adjusted" to the content of the Chapter and aligned with the level the learner is supposed to have at the end of the said Chapter.

This site has zillions of songs which level of difficulty is showed by the number of guitars, but what I really miss is the match between the content learned in a Chapter and the possibility to apply it to real songs that are a "reflection" of the Chapter content.

This would be so easy to implement because everything is there already (the Chapters, the songs). It is just a matter of finding the right match between a Chapter and 3-4 existing songs and publish the links...

Best,

# 1
philgrowjp
philgrowjp
01/01/2020 10:59 am

I would love to see this. It would allow me flexibility for learners and provide folks a chance to find a song they enjoy, instead of just "working through".

# 2
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
01/02/2020 7:05 pm
Originally Posted by: SalvaX

Hi All,

[br]Each level in the Core Learning System (from Fundamentals to Level 2s) is made of Chapters (which are made of Lessons). It would be so useful if we could find links to 3-4 songs at the end of each Chapter. The songs should be "adjusted" to the content of the Chapter and aligned with the level the learner is supposed to have at the end of the said Chapter.

This site has zillions of songs which level of difficulty is showed by the number of guitars, but what I really miss is the match between the content learned in a Chapter and the possibility to apply it to real songs that are a "reflection" of the Chapter content.

This would be so easy to implement because everything is there already (the Chapters, the songs). It is just a matter of finding the right match between a Chapter and 3-4 existing songs and publish the links...

Best,

Hi there,

This is a great suggestion and we've already taken small steps to do this. You can see recommended songs (highlighted by the green box) to learn between some chapters, but they're only visible when looking at the Course index. Check out an example here:

What you're saying is to include these song recommendations within the order of lessons themselves? Let us know, we'd love the feedback!

-Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 3
SalvaX
SalvaX
01/02/2020 8:39 pm

Thank you, Billy.

[br]Yes, I know and I love that feature. But it only appears a few times while I believe it would be really helpful if the feature is systematically extended to every and any Chapter across the whole Core Learning System (fundamentals + levels 1 and 2 of each style).

Looking only at a long list of songs which are ranked by difficulty level (i.e. the number of little guitar icons) doesnt tell the learner whether a song is related to what s/he just learned.

[br]Please, make the link between specific songs and Chapters a standard GT feature and the learning process will be more effective because supported by real songs to be used as practise tools !

Many thanks in advance.

# 4
cutchin
cutchin
01/06/2020 2:58 am

Ditto on this suggestion. It would be a big help to improve the links between lessons and songs.

P.S. I love this site!

# 5
aaholmes
Full Access
aaholmes
Full Access
01/06/2020 7:33 pm

I'd love to see suggestions of [u]portions[/u] of songs recommended as well if they are a great example of the technique taught in the lesson. Sometimes a small portion of a song rated at a difficulty of 4 is ok for beginners.

# 6
robintaylor74
robintaylor74
01/06/2020 8:01 pm

As a new subscriber to Guitar Tricks, I think that this link would be excellent and readily available on some other sites. My specific interest is in fingerpicking and I am struggling to find pure finger picking arrangements of popular songs that I can work with to capitalise on the excellent tutorials.

# 7
SalvaX
SalvaX
01/08/2020 6:18 pm
Originally Posted by: aaholmes

I'd love to see suggestions of [u]portions[/u] of songs recommended as well if they are a great example of the technique taught in the lesson. Sometimes a small portion of a song rated at a difficulty of 4 is ok for beginners.

Yes, indeed --links to songs or portions of songs with each Chapter would definitely be a huge plus to the site (and to the learning progression).

# 8
dbucknh
dbucknh
01/16/2020 9:43 pm

I completley agree with this suggestion, and actually visited the Forum section to make the same comment. I decided to search first and glad to see tht others are thinking the same way.

As mentioned, even sections of more difficult songs would be great to know about, but there would be no way to actually know this unless the fine folks here at GT could do this for us.

Thanks!

# 9
SalvaX
SalvaX
01/24/2020 8:16 am

Hope GT will do the needful asap. Fingers crossed !

# 10
SalvaX
SalvaX
02/02/2020 8:54 am

I noticed that Justin Guitar (which offer all free lessons) has a similar feature. Classes are organized by levels of difficulty (show as colors --https://www.justinguitar.com/site-map-and-lesson-structure) and each song is related to a specific color (https://www.justinguitar.com/songs).

Not rocket science but so useful...

# 11
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
02/04/2020 7:46 pm
Originally Posted by: SalvaX

I noticed that Justin Guitar (which offer all free lessons) has a similar feature. Classes are organized by levels of difficulty (show as colors --https://www.justinguitar.com/site-map-and-lesson-structure) and each song is related to a specific color (https://www.justinguitar.com/songs).

Not rocket science but so useful...

Is the problem that you are having trouble gauging difficulty levels? We do offer difficulty ratings, and instructor Christopher even has an entire blog post explaining what they mean here: https://www.guitartricks.com/blog/Difficulty-Ratings-Explained

Also, in the Songs page, you can always sort by difficulty as well.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 12
SalvaX
SalvaX
02/05/2020 2:56 pm
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

Is the problem that you are having a trouble gauging difficulty levels? We do offer difficulty ratings, and instructor Christopher even has an entire blog post explaining what they mean here: https://www.guitartricks.com/blog/Difficulty-Ratings-Explained

Also, in the Songs page, you can always sort by difficulty as well.

Thank you for your reply.

[br]Actually, no, the problem is not assessing the difficulty level but it is finding the right songs that will allow us to practive the very content of any said Chapter. In the current version of GT it is impossible to identify which songs will help you focusing on what you just learnt in a Chapter. What I am interested in (and seemingly many other users), is a systematic extension of the "Recommended Songs" feature that is already offered in a couple of instances in Fundamentals 1 (see screenshot). This is so helpful and should, in my opinion, be extended to all the chapters of the entire Core Learning System.

# 13

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.