Chat option

da_teach
da_teach
11/22/2019 1:12 am

Hi there,

Maybe just a recommendation, it would be nice to have a kind of chat, where you can talk right at the moment... something faster than just the forum... I had made some friends and wish I could talk to them through a platform from the site itself.

Also, I think it would be a nice way to control and keep the tone of conversations, let's say to report misuses or so...

even the posibilitiy of listening to recordings, say that I want friends to listen to songs or exercises and get their feedback live on what I have just played...

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
11/22/2019 6:38 pm

hi mikefsm,

We've heard of this request before and even though we have no plans at the moment to implement a chat feature, we are looking into other options for private messaging for users.

Thank you for the feedback and the patience as we work to improve all sorts of aspects of the website!

-Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
11/22/2019 11:38 pm
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

...we are looking into other options for private messaging for users.

One good option, IMO, is to return to the private messaging feature that GT use to offer.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.