Metronome on jam tracks

Sleepers Hill
Sleepers Hill
10/26/2019 5:01 pm

Dear Guitar Tricks, [br][br]I am really loving the site and the lessons are absolutely fantastic. [br][br]I do just have one query I've noticed that on the jam tracks provided on the lessons there is no metronome count in, yet there is one when the instructors are playing. Is there are way to update the tracks so that there is a metronome count in on the tracks? I believe that this would be very helpful. Perhaps these are available to download? But I think ti would be a very helpful tool. [br][br]Kind Regards[br][br]

Tim

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/27/2019 2:39 pm

Glad you are enjoying the lesson!

Originally Posted by: Sleepers HillI do just have one query I've noticed that on the jam tracks provided on the lessons there is no metronome count in, yet there is one when the instructors are playing. Is there are way to update the tracks so that there is a metronome count in on the tracks?
[br]Can you please list a few specific jam tracks so I can check it out?

I think most of the jam tracks associated with my lessons have a click count in. However, I know some of the lessons do not have one. I think some of this was related to an earlier version of the jam station that looped the audio file. So it removed the click, or had no click count because when the repeat happened it was a smooth transition.

Anyway, can you please list a few specific jam tracks so I can check it out?

Another possible work around is the "delayed start" button. That might help for the time being!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
Sleepers Hill
Sleepers Hill
10/27/2019 8:53 pm

Hi Chris, [br][br]Thanks for the response. [br][br]Yeah the lessons are going great, I am learning so much and I feel that I am really improving.

Specific examples of this would be on the Blues Course 1 and 2 with Anders, so far it seems that every jam track does not have a count in. [br][br]Here are a few examples

'up next is the shuffle'

'Lets meet the lick'

'Bending Like singers do'[br][br]

By no means is this a criticism, the lessons are fantastic, I just think a metronome count in would be helpful. [br][br]KInd Regards

Tim

# 3
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/29/2019 6:24 pm

I'm glad you are learning, improving & enjoying!

Originally Posted by: Sleepers HillSpecific examples of this would be on the Blues Course 1 and 2 with Anders, so far it seems that every jam track does not have a count in. [br][br]Here are a few examples

'up next is the shuffle'

'Lets meet the lick'

'Bending Like singers do'

Excellent, thanks for the list! I'm going to see what can be done about these.

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 4
Sleepers Hill
Sleepers Hill
10/31/2019 5:46 pm

Hi Chris, [br][br]Thanks for this. [br][br]Having an aboslute blast on guita tricks. [br][br]Please keep me posted.

All the best

[br]Tim

# 5
Sleepers Hill
Sleepers Hill
11/18/2019 5:55 pm

Dear Chris, [br][br]I hope you're well. [br][br]Any update on this?[br][br]All the best

[br]Tim

# 6
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/18/2019 8:25 pm
Originally Posted by: Sleepers Hill

Dear Chris, [br][br]I hope you're well. [br][br]Any update on this?[br][br]All the best

[br]Tim

Hey, Tim. Yes, I have an update. But it's not good news so I was waiting to post until I had a better update. :)[br][br]The audio for the jam tracks has the click removed on (almost?) all of the tracks for the course. So, I'm asking the videographer to go back into the original source files & extract the backing track with the click.

Unfortunately that will take some time & it's not a high priority in production. So, it will happen but I'm not sure exactly how soon. I'll update this thread as soon as I know more.

Thanks!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 7
Sleepers Hill
Sleepers Hill
11/18/2019 9:17 pm

Dear Chris, [br][br]Thanks for the swift response.

Yeah it appears that all the jam tracks I have encountered are lacking a click track. Well thanks for asking about this and please do let me know when this is all set up. The click track doesn't even need to be throughout the entire track even just a count in would be very helpful. Thanks for looking into this for me and please keep me posted on this. [br][br]All the best

Tim

# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.