Auto Scroll

kpjohn
Full Access
kpjohn
Full Access
02/05/2019 4:18 pm

It is great that you are adding autoscroll. I understand it is not on all songs yet. I am not clear on how to access it on the songs it is available

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
02/05/2019 7:28 pm

Hi there,

Autoscroll is available only on song tutorials, and only on the "Performance" "Single Guitar" and "Jam along" lessons.

Autoscroll can be toggled on and off (if it's available) in the new notation controls located at the top right of the notation.

I hope that helps!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
brian_guy1
brian_guy1
12/21/2019 3:09 am

Pretty damn frustrating that the notation doesnt auto scroll all the time... As a beginner I find it impossible to follow along once the bars are being played out of window view!

# 3
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
12/23/2019 8:12 pm
Originally Posted by: brian_guy1

Pretty damn frustrating that the notation doesnt auto scroll all the time... As a beginner I find it impossible to follow along once the bars are being played out of window view!

Hi Brian,

We only put the auto scroll on the complete playthrough lessons like "Performance," "Jam Along," and "Single Guitar" because those are the only times that the instructor will play the entire song all the way through.

You're saying that we should put auto scroll on the lessons where the instructor only shows you how to play a small piece of the song, as well? For a lot of the in-between lessons, the instructor will play the same portion of a song over and over again, in different ways, this will most likely result in the notation not moving very much at all. And when they do move onto the next portion of the song, it's usually within another video all together, with the notation only showing that small piece of music.

How do you think we should go about putting scrolling notation on the lessons that are only a small portion of the music? Sometimes the instructor only shows you one or two bars of music which do not require the notation window to be scrolled.

We'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

# 4
fuzzb0x
Full Access
fuzzb0x
Full Access
12/23/2019 8:24 pm

on some of the song lessons for example the Stevie Ray Vaughan - Let me love you baby song lesson intro solo. The instructor goes through each part broken down bit by bit, but at the end of the lesson there is a play through of the full intro and it's a lot to try to remember when learning and too much for all of the tab to be displayed at the same time so if an auto scroll optoin was added for these end parts of the complete play through it would be a massive help. Im sure there are lots of song lessons with this kind of issue that the auto scroll feature would resolve if it could be added.

# 5
HeyItsLight
HeyItsLight
02/23/2020 5:17 am

With Guitar Fundementals 1 I didn't even bother playing along with any of the songs just add it, I know the creators don't read this but just feels good to rant a little. Fix your site no one prints music anymore

# 6
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
03/02/2020 10:00 pm
Originally Posted by: HeyItsLight

With Guitar Fundementals 1 I didn't even bother playing along with any of the songs just add it, I know the creators don't read this but just feels good to rant a little. Fix your site no one prints music anymore

Hi there,

We do read this. We're on the forums everyday! We understand the frustration here, and we're working on a number of features to make the experience better for everyone. But when it comes down to it, we need to hear a lot of people ask for these features to make it worth it.

Best,

Billy

# 7
sarigregg
Full Access
sarigregg
Full Access
03/29/2020 1:50 am

Trying to play the entire song without it is extremely difficult for the type of learner who is your prime customer. It was on one song I practiced, then I spent an hour looking for it on the next song because you didn't add a note that it wasn't available on that song. Build it and they will come!

BTW, the rest of the system and the teachers are great.

# 8
mark8723
mark8723
04/09/2020 8:40 pm

I have just signed up for this site and i'm learning how to play. I found one of the very first songs (ode to joy) very difficult to play along to as it wouldn't scroll. I had to get someone else to roll it down for me. I've looked through the site trying to find a song with the scroll function and not found it yet, though i've only been signed up a few days.

I did notice this comment from the admin.

"How do you think we should go about putting scrolling notation on the lessons that are only a small portion of the music?"

ode to joy is a small portion of music but still required scrolling. when you ask "how do we go about it" I would say the same way you do for other scrolling tabs, add the relevant code and publish?

# 9
mark8723
mark8723
04/10/2020 7:44 pm

Darling Destination is another example of a very long song that could do with auto scroll. which is part of playing songs in the key of G.

# 10
scoddy
scoddy
04/11/2020 5:09 am

Same here with Ode to Joy...I don't have a printer and you can't manually scroll down in the middle of playing.

# 11
janelle_reid01
janelle_reid01
04/11/2020 5:38 am

I have found "SONGS" with autoscroll. Yay!!!!!! So far quite a lot, albeit i have just started looking there. Autoscroll is in the "songs" section as previously stated. Click on the Performance part. I think it would also be very helpful in the lessons as well though, as stated before, when at the end of the lesson, the full performance tabs goes out of the screen. I could print off Danny Boy for example but that particular lesson and others like it, should have autoscroll. Keep up the good work. I love this site so far and have found the forums very helpful as well.

PS: Greatest Love of All AND Love me Tender are missing autoscroll in the performance. I realise it is a work in progress !! Cheers Janelle

# 12
mark8723
mark8723
04/11/2020 11:21 am

I agree everything about the site is great (except no autoscroll). Its just with no autoscroll on the beginers sections full songs means you either print it off or just skip, currently i'm skipping them. I hope when I get to the blues beginers course the autoscroll is there for full songs.

# 13
benjovi2004
benjovi2004
04/13/2020 4:16 pm

Totally agree with the auto scroll it is very frustrating and i do not own a printer to print the songs out.Like someone else said fix this and it will make it alot easier.

# 14
janelle_reid01
janelle_reid01
04/14/2020 3:41 am

Any chance of an updated response from guitar tricks please!! Plenty of songs dont have autoscroll. "DUELLING BANJOS" gotta have it on that and all songs of any length please!! They cant be printed out.

# 15
kelli.spidare
kelli.spidare
04/16/2020 12:03 pm

I can’t figure out how to get the auto scroll to work on my iPad. Is that not possible? I feel like I can’t do it on my iPad if it doesn’t work that way. Thanks!

# 16
bwinter999
bwinter999
04/16/2020 6:39 pm

I agree with the other beginners. NEED Auto Scroll on all lessions, starting with the beginners with Lisa!

Thanks!

# 17
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/16/2020 8:03 pm
Originally Posted by: janelle_reid01

I have found "SONGS" with autoscroll. Yay!!!!!! So far quite a lot, albeit i have just started looking there. Autoscroll is in the "songs" section as previously stated. Click on the Performance part. I think it would also be very helpful in the lessons as well though, as stated before, when at the end of the lesson, the full performance tabs goes out of the screen. I could print off Danny Boy for example but that particular lesson and others like it, should have autoscroll. Keep up the good work. I love this site so far and have found the forums very helpful as well.

PS: Greatest Love of All AND Love me Tender are missing autoscroll in the performance. I realise it is a work in progress !! Cheers Janelle

Hi Janelle,

I'm glad you're enjoying the songs! And yes, we do have a number of autoscrolling songs, and again, the autoscroll feature is only enabled on the PERFORMANCE, JAM ALONG, and SINGLE GUITAR PERFORMANCE lessons. We do not have any updates on adding autoscroll to the Core Learning or older song tutorials, but we hear you! The team has discussed ways to implement autoscrolling in the future. Sorry I do not have more info at this time.

Stay safe out there!

-Billy

# 18
janelle_reid01
janelle_reid01
04/18/2020 12:51 am

Thanks for your reply. Yes thank you, keep working on the autoscroll button please. Essential when the tabs go out of the screen and in particular if the tabs cant be be printed out. Not only for "songs" but lessons with lengthy tabs. Its really difficult to play along with the instructor. Duelling Banjos, perfect example. Cant print tab and having to manually scroll up is impossible to keep up. Thanks again for a great site. Keep up the good work.

Cheers Janelle

# 19
jsn.hgl
jsn.hgl
04/29/2020 3:42 am

A feature that would be nice to see until all songs have auto scroll would be for a way to filter and search for songs that have this. On that same note, is there any way to tell if a song has it without going to that song and the performance lesson?

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.