Improve guitar lessons

tomhacker38
tomhacker38
07/01/2020 7:24 am

Hi Guys,

Your overall product is great. However, when it comes to individual lessons there is a flaw that makes longer guitar solos hard to follow.

It is appreciated how you break solos down but when looking at TAB there is no marker or coloured tracking that shows the user where you are exactly in the solo. Specifically, in longer solo's like 'Still Got the Blues or Back in Black' (for example) it is very easy to get lost (in my opinion) and to know exactly where the instructor is at.

When it comes to guitar lessons with TAB the 'Geeky Guitarist' provides the solo with a coloured shade moving across the TAB so the user knows exactly where they are. He is only an independant so surely this would not be hard for Guitar Tricks as an established business to improve their product even more?

I am more than happy to keep subscribing but PLEASE CONSIDER my suggestion here.

Tom - Brisbane Australia

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
07/01/2020 8:57 pm

Hi tomhacker,

We appreciate the feedback. As guitar players ourselves, we definitely understand that longer tabs can be tough to follow along with, especially when there are so many notes in a solo, or another lead riff. We get that. We've done some things like add a scrolling notation (still a work-in-progress) to help with this but there is definitely more to be done.

We would love to have more precise, guided methods for looking at the tabs but that is not something we're able to deliver at this moment in time but it is something we want.

We appreciate your patience while we work to improve the site and your feedback.

Best,

Billy

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.