No metronome exercice on guitar tricks ?

mathieurevel
mathieurevel
06/30/2020 9:27 pm

# 1
mathieurevel
mathieurevel
06/30/2020 9:28 pm

I am trying to find exercices to practise timing with the metronome but it looks that there isnt any tutorial to give tips on how to use it (using scales or chords). Did I miss it somewhere ?thanks !

# 2
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/01/2020 1:30 am
Originally Posted by: mathieurevel

I am trying to find exercices to practise timing with the metronome but it looks that there isnt any tutorial to give tips on how to use it (using scales or chords). Did I miss it somewhere ?thanks !

This tutorial shows how to use a metronome to practice various scale patterns.

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=11264

And most of the tutorials in the Fundamentals or Style Courses have jam along videos to practice the material in the lessons.

Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 3
mathieurevel
mathieurevel
07/01/2020 6:19 am

Thanks Chris.

I am noticing that the exercices to work with a metronomes are very much based on a steady rythmes with more or less speed but is there any exercice (or the metronome is supposed to be enough) that helps to get the a better groove, a scattered rythm like in Solos for example where the sequences of notes within the scale is done at a different speed which makes it musical and not 1-2-3-4 etc...

# 4
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/01/2020 11:42 am
Originally Posted by: mathieurevelbut is there any exercice (or the metronome is supposed to be enough) that helps to get the a better groove[/quote]

Anders does a great job with that in this tutorial on practicing different types of rock rhythms with a metronome.

https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=22615

That concept can be applied to any given rhythm pattern.

[quote=mathieurevel]a scattered rythm like in Solos for example where the sequences of notes within the scale is done at a different speed which makes it musical and not 1-2-3-4 etc...

If there is some specific lick or phrase from an existing solo you can use a metronome to loop that phrase over & again at a slow tempo with a metronome. Or you can use the looping & speed features on the video player to repeat that phrase of the solo.

Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.