Just a little Ukulele?

jrichmclean
jrichmclean
02/28/2015 11:09 pm
Enjoying the site very much.

The one thing I wish it had was a small sampling of ukulele lessons to accommodate the excellent guitar lessons. When I am on travel, I will take my Ukulele with me to keep me company until I can get back home to my strat (and my wife and daughter :).

Just a thought.

Regards,
Rich
# 1
Ben Martin
Administrator
Ben Martin
Administrator
03/03/2015 10:08 pm
Hi Rich,

Thanks for the feedback!

Ben
# 2
bpasternak
Full Access
bpasternak
Full Access
03/10/2015 3:17 am
+1 on Ukelele lessons. Most musicians don't realize the potential of this instrument.

For fun, google "Beatles Ukelele". George Harrison understood the potential. After dinner parties, he used to hand out Ukelele's to the dinner guests for a jam session.

OK, maybe the Uke is a different instrument than a guitar, but every guitarist should explore this instrument. :D
# 3
bobissexy88
bobissexy88
09/25/2016 3:17 am
I love this site too, so many tips and tricks you can learn. Just to add, I now have 3 Luna Instruments and I got it at http://www.instrumenttop.com/best-tenor-ukulele/. They have a good value, well made of Mahogany and comfortable to play. The only issue I had with this little uke was the high action. I shaved about 2.5 mm from the bottom of the saddle, and it is near perfect. Lovely little uke, really. Has great projection and tone.
Lets Rock in Roll
# 4
luckotdraw
luckotdraw
09/25/2016 9:40 am

Just got a uke last week, wanna try using it as a second instrument for some stuff I'm fooling around with in Garage Band. Someone else who values the uke is Eddie Vedder, he has a whole album called Ukulele Songs. Check it out, as well as some of the Into The Wild soundtrack he did has some on there.
# 5
chuckbonesteel
chuckbonesteel
08/18/2019 2:27 am

I'm a little late to the party, but I thought I'd add my two cents for anybody else who views this thread

I've been really impressed with Lohanu. Had never heard of them, but they had good reviews on Amazon so I figured I'd give it a shot and return it if I didn't like it. Luckily, the uke was amazing and I kept it. I've ordered a few more of the top-rated ukes on Amazon since and have been pleasantly surprised.

If anybody's interested, here's the post that got me interested:

https://www.beginnerukuleles.com/best-ukulele-for-beginners/

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.