How to prevent neck bending while playing

hunter.kane
hunter.kane
06/07/2021 3:59 pm

I've run into a major issue with my neck bending while I play. It's only if I move, if I stay totally still I have no problem, but if I do anything to be entertaining such as headbang, jump, thrash around, really anything you would do onstage, my neck bends really annoyingly, it makes it sound off while I'm playing and it makes my guitar go out of tune in seconds. Would anyone have a suggestion, I've tried playing lighter but it wouldn't help, and no I'm not going to stand totally still while playing if those were going to be suggestions. [br][br]

Thank you for any and all help.

# 1
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
06/07/2021 4:36 pm

Your neck or the guitars?

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 2
hunter.kane
hunter.kane
06/07/2021 7:13 pm
Originally Posted by: snojones

Your neck or the guitars?

The guitars. :)

# 3
Herman10
Herman10
06/08/2021 12:40 am

Sounds like a loose trussrod to me, normally it shouldn't bend unless you use execive force taking the body end with one hand and the headstock with the other.

I've had this once to and found out after my guitar fell that the trussrod jumped loose, probably it had been hanging at some place in the neck and fellt tightend for that reason but it might have been the thread on the rod which got hung onto some would sticking up.

# 4
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
06/09/2021 1:54 pm

Since it it your guitar neck that seems to be the problem....Sounds like you should contact Steve over on the "Ask a Guitar Tech" thread. He usually gives very good, detailed information about guitar maintance. In fact it is a BIG benifit of using Guitar Tricks. I am usualy amazed at the level of his advice!

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 5
ffinleynstephenson
ffinleynstephenson
06/28/2021 2:44 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter.kane

I've run into a major issue with my neck bending while I play. It's only if I move, if I stay totally still I have no problem, but if I do anything to be entertaining such as headbang, jump, thrash around, really anything you would do onstage, my neck bends really annoyingly, it makes it sound off while I'm playing and it makes my guitar go out of tune in seconds. Would anyone have a suggestion, I've tried playing lighter but it wouldn't help, and no I'm not going to stand totally still while playing if those were going to be suggestions. [br][br]

Thank you for any and all help.

I also have problems due to being overly active. I'm already trying not to shake my head and neck so much, lol :)

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.