View post (What if......)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/11/2001 2:51 pm
yeah, the parker is partly made of carbon composite fibers and stuff. I think the neck is all carbon fiber (and truss rod), but I'm not sure.

Also, this forum may be about music, but music and gov't do intertwine. Though things have lightened up considerably over the past couple of hundred years, their was a time when you could be executed for playing a triad. The reality is that music can be very powerful and governments recognize this and try to control it to a certain extent. I'm sure we've all seen how a powerful set of lyrics set to powerful music can wind a crowd up, and from that can imagine some such thing being a serious threat to people in power.

Hell, the whole genre of Ska was invented to help the Jamacan people feel motivated and enlivened after they won their independance from Brittan.

I know that if the wrong people come into power that my music will be in danger. I hope the day never comes, but if it does, I hope I'm strong enough to fight it for all I'm worth and make them regret the day they first pondered censorship.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons