View post (What if......)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/09/2001 3:05 am
...Haven't you heard?..... Absynthe makes the heart grow fonder!

Hey, you plug in your open-tuned slide, and I'll fire up my overdriven 12-string. You want heavy Power Chords? That setup produces the kind of silly grins more usually associated with those battery-powered sex-toy gizmos!

About the beer; anything with less than 5% alcohol by volume is required by law to be labeled as "Light Beer". (When you're out of Schlitz.... who cares!)

What happened to the Canadian dollar, Wildridge, is that our people were foolish enough to elect a series of Liberal governments. With promises of 'social safety nets' and and other 'social' goodies, the Liberal Party has perverted a once-strong country into a sheepish bunch of weaklings who are so psycologically dependant on Big Government, they don't want to do anything unless they can get government funding for it. The result is an economy, hobbled by high taxes, that discourages investment from foreign sources of capital. The value of our dollar reflects this international lack of confidence.

If I sound bitter, its only because I am. And your premise for this thread isn't that far-fetched. That is exactly the kind of thing the weasels in Ottawa would do if they thought it would keep them in power... demonize some identifiable 'fringe group' and buy votes with promises to rid the land of these 'outlaws'! 1984 by George Orwell should be read by every man, woman, and child the world over. And they should re-read it every ten years, as a reminder.

Thanks for letting me vent. But we're supposedly gathered here to talk MUSIC. Don't get me going on politics. Music keeps me young: politics makes me "crazy and old before my time".
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons