View post (What if......)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/08/2001 3:31 am
If that's food for thought, and we are what we eat, then I think we're gonna be reading some pretty strange thoughts. Like...

Me, I figure we'd all have to learn how to play like Tom Scholtz, so we could sell our recordings as synthesizer music. Can you picture it? "No guitars were used in producing the sounds you hear on this disk." Just the opposite of the Boston records that proudly proclaimed their stuff to be 'computer-free music'.

And if it played out the same way Prohibition did, when they tried to ban alcohol, rich gangsters would soon be calling the shots. You think 'The Industy' rules with an iron fist? You ain't seen nothin'!

By the way, the reason you poor, long-sufferin' bastards in the US of A can't get beer with a civilized alcohol percentage, is that the brewers in the twenties were allowed to continue to operate, provided the alcohol content did not exceed 2.8%... and you're STILL stuck with it!

Government involvement ruins everything it touches. For proof you don't have to look any further away than Canada. I just moved from Ontario to Alberta, so I could breathe again. The fools I left behind just re-elected the same bunch that have trashed our country over the last thirty years. Did you know that in the late 60's, the Canadian dollar was worth $1.13US?

I'll close off now before I really start to rant!
AAaaarggghh!!!

[Edited by Lordathestrings on 02-07-2001 at 10:36 PM]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons