View post (Tendenitus)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
02/11/2001 3:13 am
Originally posted by James
What do you guys think about tendenitus, do you think it's a real concern and that you should watch how much play or not? [/B]

I definitely feel that its something to be concerned with, and its more serious than most people think, when you feel pain its not necessarily a good thing. Everything with the guitar should be done at a gradual pace, even though we sometimes feel that we are too good to follow rules, sometimes they can save our career. Its kind of like over working yourself on the track team, and when you don't know enough to step out of the race in order to save your career. When playing any instrument (or sport for that matter), its important to know when to stop. I injured my my left wrist very badly when I was younger, its never been quite the same. I just have to know enough to be careful, but still this injury hasnt stopped me from playing Satriani's solos by heart, its all a matter of knowing your limit. [i]Its important to warm up properly before hand, especially if you intend on playing for hours at a time, (that is unless you feel the need to stick to one pattern.) Personally, when I play the guitar, I like to rely on my instincts, and whatever my impulsive solos call for, thats why its important to be prepared..

-Joseph, :).
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."