View post (Speed)

View thread

Bofatron
Bofatron
02/04/2001 2:50 am
precision and substance comes over speed. Always.

But, when you're playing that fast you're pretty much being precise. There's not much time to be sloppy.

I've been called sloppy but so has vernon reid and buckethead, my favs, but they aren't sloppy...it is their substance and style/phrasing.

But as far as substance goes it's all subjective. Some people think what I do is cool while other dismiss it as a bunch or nonesense. I think there might be something on both sides of the argument.

Also, as for speed, I am a lot faster than 22 notes per second. Oh, I know, it's "impossible" but I do it every day. You could check my site for all the info on what I do and what I sound like. I have a video coming out in a couple of weeks that shows you how to do the "impossible."

The 'trick' is not to play faster (like going faster and faster alternate picking) but fusing techniques to that you can play easily and slowly but get outrageous results. Multi-tasking. But enough of my yapping. I have tons of papers, articles, lessons, and whatnot at my site on all this. But I suggest you listen to my audio files before you take the leap...you may think I sound like crap.

Stay frosty
b