Unbelievable.

The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/14/2004 9:09 pm
Originally posted by Azrael

Of course your playing will sound always the same and you will be out of ideas if your guitartraining is centered 99.9% around how to gain speed.

Very well said Azrael. When I first started playing, that was exactly my philosophy. Get fast=Your great. But then I started to realize how wrong I was.

I'm kind of lucky. My mom is a professional pianist and she majored in music composition. She has sheet music from every era there is, from all the great composers and musicians. Whenever I'm in a rut, I just take out a book like, Bach's Clavier sonatas and put some stuff on guitar. But it doesn't end there.

I still practice technique and all that, but I try to think of more musically profound ideas.

About this playing - Ya I have the opinion of everybody else. Wowed by the technique, but boring. The only thing that ticks me off, is that I have this bassist friend, who showed me it. He keeps going "Oh its sooooo sick!" Like every day. I tried to explain the whole deal to him, but he just doesn't get it. He really doesn't understand why its boring. But I guess thats how people who aren't musicians feel about it. Like before I started guitar, I listened to punk rock. Once I started, and listened to an Ozzy album, I went and broke every Offspring CD I owned.
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 1
Autark
Autark
03/14/2004 10:24 pm
Originally posted by sambob In his own words... he's fulfilled his dream [/B]

And that IS great!!!:)
# 2
sambob
sambob
03/15/2004 1:40 am
Yeah, one last comment.

If you want a REAL reply from Fareri, you should email him. He will respond, his english isn't the best, but you'll get the point.
# 3
Yngtchie Blacksteen
Yngtchie Blacksteen
03/15/2004 1:49 am
Or just go to www.theshredzone.com, he's answering questions at the forum there.

But he's a really nice and humble guy, I feel bad for him because of all the hateful comments directed towards him. He's got his share of hatemails, that's for sure.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.