Are you white?

chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/20/2004 8:08 pm
DNA seems to have very general implications on physical structure when looking at the percentages of similar DNA between species.Sure we have large 99% genetic similarity with chimps,but then that means the 1 percent that we dont must be divided into millions of 'xyz' gene factors.If it was an absolute 30 or 60 some odd percent we have in common with a banana fly we would all have wing stubs on our backs and be vastly smaller in size at the least.

genetic design is far more complex and deep then 'so and so percent'...

The fact that a difference of 1 percent genetically between humans and chimps actually excludes a chimps ability to self contemplate and leaves it realiant on instinct should paint a picture of a science that hasn't even touched the surface of genetic design.
Try once,fail twice...
# 1
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/20/2004 10:03 pm
I should probably explain the town I'm from more, the problems don't just seem big because they're more public. The town has two major cults in it (one east indian influenced, one emo-psycho-occult thing) which compose about half the population, the water supply exceeds the state levels of toxicity by more than three times the limit for a solid dozen separate chemicals, it's a town of 11,000 people and it has almost as much total substance traffic as Kansas City (esp. MJ), and it's almost the methamphetamine capitol of the world (the worst is just a half hour away), and the music everyone listens to sucks. The entire series of authority for the school district is severly screwed up, and the medical community is more dangerous than insanity. I'm not joking, if you even say you're feeling depressed the first thing that happens is you're put on a good half dozen meds all at once, half of which are still being tested (by you, not even in labs) and the other half are already proven to do things like cause birth defects or disassociation, and if you don't like it it's not hard to be forcefully committed. The only decent group of people in the town are the cops.

You're right, the problems aren't just demographic. Soccer moms aren't so bad when you think about it.

[Edited by Hammurabi on 02-20-2004 at 05:08 PM]
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/20/2004 10:21 pm
Have you any idea how many base pairs 1% of the human genome represents ?

I work with genetics / molecular manipulations every day and the numbers you are banding about are entirely meaningless in this context.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/20/2004 10:46 pm
Sounds like a fun job, once you pay off the lifetime of schooling.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 4
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/20/2004 11:23 pm
Done and dusted mate....and interviewing for a lectureship (assistant professor) later next month !
# 5
Karma In The South
Karma In The South
02/21/2004 12:41 am
Originally posted by Hammurabi
The only decent group of people in the town are the cops.

Thats something you dont hear every day!!
# 6
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/21/2004 5:46 am
I live in the deep South (for those who live in the U.S., you know what I'm talking about). Racisme is something I have had to deal with every day of my 24 years on this earth. I don't concider myself racist or prejudice, mainly for the fact that I don't judge anybody by the color of their skin. A person can't help what race they're born into. Where I live it's mostly an issue of black and white. Down here you have your "rednecks" who wave their Confederate flag with pride, but really know nothing about it's history. We also have our "(I'm not even going to say the name)" that think everybody owe's them something, because they know nothing about history as well. Myself, I have a car tag that has both the American and Confederate flag on it and say's "American by bith, Southern by the grace of God." Enough said! One more issue I have. If the "minorities" are so gunghoe about being equal, then why is it that they're allowed lower ACT/SAT/ or whatever scores to get in a good college than a "non-minority"? Or is that just another "Southern thang ya'll wouldn't understand"....lol.

Please don't take offence to anything I've said. I have been somewhat harden'd by the way's of the "South", and I don't expect anyone to agree, or understand any of my views on anything remotely dealing with this topic.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 7
sme331
sme331
02/23/2004 6:33 am
Originally posted by PRSplaya
I live in the deep South (for those who live in the U.S., you know what I'm talking about). Racisme is something I have had to deal with every day of my 24 years on this earth.

Down here you have your "rednecks" who wave their Confederate flag with pride, but really know nothing about it's history. We also have our "(I'm not even going to say the name)" that think everybody owe's them something, because they know nothing about history as well.

One more issue I have. If the "minorities" are so gunghoe about being equal, then why is it that they're allowed lower ACT/SAT/ or whatever scores to get in a good college than a "non-minority"? Or is that just another "Southern thang ya'll wouldn't understand"....lol.

Please don't take offence to anything I've said. I have been somewhat harden'd by the way's of the "South", and I don't expect anyone to agree, or understand any of my views on anything remotely dealing with this topic.

I too live in the South, and have all my life and I know something of the issues you bring up. I dont care if you are purple with green polkadots, People are people. However, There is no such thing as a "White college fund" or a White college. Some of the Rednecks dont know what the rebel flag does to others, but others need to realize that the flag is part of our heritage and doesnt necessarily mean hatred or ignorace.
I am not prejudice either, I hate all people equally. But musicains, I love.
You are only coming through in waves, your lips move but I cant hear what you're saying.:cool:
# 8
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/23/2004 2:28 pm
What part of the South are you from? I'm from the much missunderstood, looked down upon, great state of Mississippi.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 9
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/23/2004 2:53 pm
A great majority dont know the swawstika(sp?)was actually a peace sign at one time.They had to go and ruin it!Its such a cool design!
Try once,fail twice...
# 10
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
02/23/2004 3:01 pm
HEY DOC!!!

can you sortof.. genetically engineer me? so i can grow another set of arms maybe? that would look cool on stage and i could play TWO chapmansticks! *LOL*... and some other nifty things

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 11
Karma In The South
Karma In The South
02/23/2004 7:09 pm
Originally posted by chucklivesoninmyheart
A great majority dont know the swawstika(sp?)was actually a peace sign at one time.They had to go and ruin it!Its such a cool design!

The swastika is a Hindu sign of peace reversed, I think.
# 12
Trent J Liberty
Trent J Liberty
02/23/2004 8:05 pm
Originally posted by chucklivesoninmyheart

From what I remember it came from the svasti which meant 'well being' or welfare. This was because Hitler always promised to bring the Germans the best they deserved and was a 'man of the people'.

The sign was also a common token from goodluck in most native tribes of Central and South America.Also in japan it stood for night, while the sauvastika (arms pointing counter-clockwise) stood for 'day'. Although now the difference between the two has been nullified and most see them both as nazi worship symbols, when both had a general tag of prosperity.

True -- too bad they had to ruin such a cool design.
~Trent Jacob Liberty~

# 13
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/23/2004 10:54 pm
Azrael...

Sorry mate it would be unethical, rest of the world wouldn't stand a chance !
# 14
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
02/23/2004 10:55 pm
but.. you are not a man of ethics, right? *LOL*

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 15
sme331
sme331
02/24/2004 5:19 am
Originally posted by PRSplaya
What part of the South are you from? I'm from the much missunderstood, looked down upon, great state of Mississippi.

I am in Atlanta GA, Where we are in a battle for the state flag because the old one had the Stars and bars.
You are only coming through in waves, your lips move but I cant hear what you're saying.:cool:
# 16
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/24/2004 1:57 pm
I am when it suites me !
# 17
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/24/2004 7:41 pm
Luckily we(Ms.) got to keep out flag. That was and is an issue that really rubs me the wrong way. If people are going to be so rediculous about stuff like that, then why not just ban anything that resembles an X. Or, better yet, GET OVER IT!

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 18

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.