View post (Is this perfect Pitch thing Real?)

View thread

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
02/12/2004 6:23 am
i think you misunderstood what i was saying. of course they where not born with the knowledge of music theory. and that was not what i was saying. but they have this "sound identificatoin tool" in their head. all they need to learn is how to name the sounds. so you are telling me when you 'somehow' learn to identify the 12 notes from a'' to a''' you will be instantly and without any difficulties be able to name a note thats 4 octaves lower and slightly out of pitch, even if you only hear that note for a split second? i dont think so - but thats exactly what perfect pitch is. those guys can even tell at what pitch you are farting! no joke!!! most of them can also tell how many instruments there are playing at a the same time. so when they close their eyes and you have like 25 out of 50 guitarists playing the same riff they will be able to tell you. i´ve seen it! you cant tell me that you can develop all this within any given amount of time to perfection.

[Edited by Azrael on 02-12-2004 at 12:31 AM]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]