View post (Is this perfect Pitch thing Real?)

View thread

beginner
beginner
02/10/2004 6:37 pm
Originally posted by noticingthemistake

Earmaster covers only the last in interval identification, where it plays 2 notes. Tells you the first, then questions you on the interval of the second note. That's not perfect pitch, it's relative pitch.

So if I do the interval exercises without the first note help(I actually did this with all exercises I´ve done till now) I can also develop perfect pitch with Earmaster, right?

By the way, how much time a day should I spend on Ear Training? I do about 30 minutes a day, but nevertheless it develops VERY slowly, but I think this is common(isn´t it?) and continue practicing.

Originally posted by noticingthemistake

30 minutes a day sounds good. The ear only learns so much at one time. It's extremely fragile and if you push it too hard you'll just ruin it rather than improve it. I'd say try to do a level on each exercise a day.

I tried it out: I need half an our for one level on the first 2 interval exercises [So15 minutes for one].
The first one(I´m at level 14) I can only do if I search the played notes on the guitar, otherwise I don´t hear which interval is bigger. Same with the second(level 10).

So if I would do one level of all exercises i would probably need one and a half hour, and that would be too much time a day spending for Ear Training, wouldn´t it?