View post (Those few users.....)

View thread

b_hoves
b_hoves
02/09/2004 1:53 am
I have found that in the time that I have been on this forum (and other guitar forums as well) that the same threads get rehashed every couple of months (e.g. favourite guitar solo) be someone that is new to the forums. I have found that people that post many times in a short amount of time usually are smart arse know-it-alls, that come on to a forum pretend to know what they are talking about then when they get disgraced leave and don’t come back.

I don’t know if it happens that much here, but, this sort of thing happens a lot on the modified car forum I’m on, kids (and I mean kids ages 11-13s, by the way you can’t get a licence in Australia until your 17) come on and say that they are going to get this car and do a engine and turbo conversion and I will be the sickest first car. We then ask them how much they think this will cost, they will then quote the price of the engine, we then have to tell then about labour cost, the cost of a new engine management system, the cost of getting custom extractors, better brakes, insurance and everything else. They then begin to fight with us, until the inevitable comment from one of the older posters “what would you know you’re what, 12, you can’t drive and you probably don’t even own a car.”

The young person then usually never comes back.