View post (Mainstream music)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
01/22/2001 5:37 am
With the scene of rock music today, alot of musicians have developed the attitude that it doesnt take that much to be a success, (as long as they keep in touch with the latest fascinations of the current generation.) Its just really gotten to the point where alot of musicians have really forgotten whats most important when recording music where money is secondary to creativity. I guess alot of recording artists arent thinking about a long term carreer, they just feel the need to stick around long enough to make a fortune and have their piece of the rock and roll pie. (The main thing they lack is integrity, and it all goes down hill from there.)

Not to say that all musicians have developed this train of thoughts, (but I must say its much easier to differentiate rockstars from Musicians thes days, but still as to whether or not rock music will ever become as popular as it used to be, (it all depends on how much of an attraction they are), and then again will rock music ever become respectable as respectable as it used to be, (if so it will take alot of work.) I appreciate the work of those who feel the need to constantly push the envelope to get their messages across, but now it seems like most of the record companies only have faith oin their own vision instead of the freedom of the artists. If musicians were given more freedom to go with their person visions, (to take more chances instead of following the safe road and the expectations that have been set before them), well then the scene of mainstream rock would be much more interesting. Where music would be based on talent instead of how they are presented to the public...

-Joseph, :)
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."