View post (Mainstream music)

View thread

norsteen
norsteen
01/20/2001 9:34 pm
What's up everybody? My name is Frankie. I've been playing guitar for abour 9 years, i've seen a few trends come and go, like grunge and all that stuff. It seems like a lot of "entertainers" are really incorperating a lot of new technologies in their music. Do you think that Rock n Roll will ever be as popular as what it use to be. I find that a lot of people are more interested in hearing what a machine can do instead of what actual people can do. Another thing i don't understand is why all these "House" DJ's and hip hop DJ's are looked at like gods. I mean, how hard can it be to turn a couple of buttons, how much talent do you have to have to get a machine to do all the work. I mean, most of these guys don't even have any clue on how to write a song, yet their making millions of dollars to stand up and get high. It just pisses me off to think about it, especially when i hear some if my friends saying that they would like to be a DJ. Sorry about that, just venting a little bit, I would really like to known what everyone thinks, later!

[Edited by norsteen on 01-20-2001 at 04:40 PM]