View post (finger tone)

View thread

Death55
Death55
01/22/2004 9:09 pm
well my crap tone mainly comes from my amp. Also my incredibly retarded picking style also helps make it sound worse. The fact that i am using destortion from my px4 and amp at the same time give me pleanty of buzz so you cant really actually hear any of the notes i'm playing anyway. My half decent pickups help get rid of any sqeeking that i originally got from my old guitar. Oh, i shouldnt forget to say my stings are an important part of my tone too. They really help make it 10 times as bad due to all the rust over them that stops them vibrate properly.
Overall my tone is so bad i usually feel ill after playing guitar for a while. I still enjoy playing though... i dont know why !
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.