View post (Vai, Malmsteen, Satch, Hendrix, SRV, and Wes Montgomery SUCK!)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
01/14/2001 2:37 am
To be honest, every aspiring musician at one time or another is looking to impress their peers,:D to rub a certain quality in their face that took them little time to develop.:D obviously, as musicians we feel the need to impress others with what we have learned, but for lasting results within ourselves, (its important for us to explore the many options for ourselves and no one else, otherwise we'll end up relying on what others think for the rest of our lives Its all about what satisfies us when no ones around, and what pushes us to the next level of creativity regardless of what others think...If speed floats your boat, then by all means play as fast as lightning, theres definitely something special to it, that is if we do it for ourselves for the most part...

For alot of musicians, they claim that one note is so much more than 100, but for alot of musicians I think its kind of a defensive reaction. They take a certain qualitiy that they lack, attack it and claim they never wanted it to begin with, (because its makes them feel more comfortable as a musician.) Alot of people ask whats more important learning to be a speed master, or learning how to get the most out of a few notes, if you ask me both qualities are very valuable to add to your arsenal, just a little bit everyday. I think overall, whether we know it or not, We all need just enough space to make us more complete, enough space to figure out what is most important.

-Joseph, :).
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."