your practicing habits..

Guitonne
Guitonne
01/11/2001 10:01 am
how many hours? organized or whenever you feel like it?
# 1
Elmo45
Elmo45
01/11/2001 9:03 pm
I try to fit in my schedule at LEAST one hour a day.
1. Warmup with scales. Pentatonic, Minor, Major, etc.
2. Rhythm and Progressions.
3. I then use the last part to make the scales take on a more "vocal" technique to the progressions.
When I get my Tascam studio and a drum machine them I will be able to record songs and progressions to play to.
The one thing I recommend, is get a Metronome and use it!
# 2
Joseph
Joseph
01/12/2001 5:39 am
I try to get in at least for to five hours a day, then again there are always the weekends. From the very behginning its very important to be organized, you shouldn't get into the habit of spending too much time on one section, set time limitts for yourself (otherwise sometimes you'll just be noodling away for hours without making progress) and make sure that you're very flexible as well. After seven years of non stop (serious) practice rouintines, I tend to just rely on how I feel, Ive always wanted to get to this point where i could just sit back abd play naturally...

Often, the hardest thing about practicing is knowing what to practice. In those times of indecision, its important to have a set routine to follow, and with a little fore-thought and organization, you can customize your personal practice schedule. Ive just always kept in mind that no matter what style of music you play, as a guitarist there are five basic areas of technique that should recieve constant attention: single string technique (scales arpeggios); chords and rhythm; improvisation; ear training; and sight reading.

-Joseph, :)
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 3
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
01/12/2001 11:33 am
i'm playing for 2.5 years, and till the last 2 months i was practicing about a hour a day, but then i discovered i'm just spending time , when i could play so now i try to play at least 2.5 hours a day, but mostly i play about 4 hours...
i can't tell what i'm doing while practicing but somehow the time just flys :)
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.