ME-50 vs. GT-6

iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
12/26/2003 3:12 am
Any comments?

I was in a "GT-6 only" zone for a while, and wouldn't even consider other multi-effects units. However, after Googling for a while in search of help for another thread here, I noticed that the ME-50 ain't too shabby.

However, there must be some reason why the GT-6 is more expensive than the ME-50. Some things I've found are that the ME-50 doesn't have an EQ effect. Also, patch banks are only switchable using a small button (i.e. no footswitch). To switch using a footswitch, you'll need to buy a Y-cable and two footswitches. You'll also need to get an external footswitch to turn on/off certain effects (I think it's "tone modifier" and reverb, if I'm not mistaken).

Anyways, I'm wondering if the ME-50 is a viable alternative to the GT-6. Basically, I'm looking for something that will give me a bunch of stompbox-type effects in one unit, as well as expression pedal effects, like volume & whammy.

Thanks for your opinions!
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 1
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
12/30/2003 2:31 pm
OK, I just read in another thread that Azrael's got an ME-50.

Opinions?
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 2
the fool
the fool
12/30/2003 3:29 pm
i checked harmony central and it rates the gt- 6 slightly better than the me 50.
"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.