Fellow musicians...

Joseph
Joseph
01/05/2001 5:25 am
The more explore music, we find that theres an art to the arrangment, maybe we can say less wiuth more or vice versa, all in all whats important is that we find the right balence, (or at least pretty close to it). Sometimes I'm walking around for what seems like a year with a song in my head, but when we reveal it to others it sometimes has a way of taking a different course then what we had in mind. Do you have a tendency to share your unfinished musical ideas with others, or do you feel the need to lock them away until, you're satisfied, or until they're complete?

Not because of fear of rejection, because you dont want it to be re-sculptured into something else, I guess where it kind of defeats your original purpose.

thanks...

-Joseph :)
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
01/05/2001 1:32 pm
I prefer to keep my ideas till they are polished...
I just think that it's better to play someone a whole song than just a riff or something like that...
i dont like to play unfinshed stuff..
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 2

01/05/2001 2:54 pm
It depends who I'm sharing it too. If my friend who plays the guitar is over, sure I would give him a taste of some ideas I have, because I know that ultimately it's going to be produced the way I want it (if it gets produced at all). But if I have my girlfriend over, I wouldn't say "Listen to this, it sucks now but one day I'll polish it".
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/05/2001 10:20 pm
For me it depends on the song. Some ideas people never hear the end of while I'm working on them, others I hoard away. It's usually the more personal stuff that I keep to myself. Some stuff I feel a need to have other people's input on, or to incorporate some of their stuff with it.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.