View post (Yet another crazy scheme)

View thread

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
11/20/2003 5:05 am
I disagree; there is nothing complex about Master Volume, Master Tone, 5-Way pickup selector switches, or 3 guitar pickups; 3 coil splitters, one for each humbucker, yeah that's a little more complex, but it's not that far out there.

I love the sound of an acoustic guitar during certain things, but hate changing instruments; A Piezo bridge is basically sensors under the strings (at the bridge), and the system I'll have on my guitar is basically the same thign you'll find on alot of Acoustic/Electric guitars, at least the Fishman ones (its the same one that's on my current acoustic/electric guitar, the Guild DC-1). I know how to operate it very well, it's not too difficult to work with. The Shadow MIDI system simplifies MIDI in that you don't need a footswitch. It's external, so if I have problems with it, I don't have to send the entire guitar down to the repair shop.

My interest in MIDI comes from the desire to play other instruments, many of which i don't have access to, or can't afford ($2000 saxophone? bah!). I use MIDI on my keyboard all the time, it spurts new ideas out every time i pick it up, there is nothing wrong with expanding your ideas; Now this is another point where we disagree.

Alot of people make the assumption that if you have a MIDI pickup, that you will use it all the time; this is false, for me at least. How many strat-players use the middle single-coil pickup? Close to none. Look, MIDI is just that- another option. If i think a flute solo would sound cool over something, i have the option to play it. One of my favorite guitarists, John Mclaughlin, uses MIDI in the most amazing ways you could imagine, and everything sounds incredibly good. Well, I'm tired.....yawn.......see you guys later.

~Incidents