View post (Mellow Jazz Pickups)

View thread

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
10/02/2003 9:05 pm
Originally posted by PonyOne

I'm either putting a TV Jones or Benedetto neck pickup, and then I'm going to put a more overdriven, high output pickup in the bridge (either another Tone Zone, or one of the Rio Grande offerings).

That way, both you and I will be able to sonically cover whatever we damn well want. The neck is probably all you're gonna need for your smooth jazz tones; on my Gretsch I never even really use the bridge, because it sounds so sweet. On my Kramer, I never use the neck, because it's a metal machine that begs to scream. So I'm consolidating.

Look at a Tone Zone or Super Distortion, both of which have a great throaty clean tone, very forceful; the Tone Zone being the more dynamic of the two. Or look into some Rio Grandes for that country/bluegrass clean twang, or hell, get a TV Jones bridge p/u.

funny you mention the tone zone, i was thinking about it at school today, about putting one in the bridge. I'm going to put a gold + red abolone volume pot and gold + red tone pot in place of the cheesy gibson ones i have on now, and in a few months, install the SHADOW MIDI system on my LP; The LP will run my MIDI system, which will lower the price of my custom model about $800 bucks/$1000 or so.