George Benson

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
10/08/2003 9:25 pm
On yeah it's definitely different. 'lol' Something I know we will all agree on. A trait all musicians have in there music is it is shaped by the music around them. Not only music but everything in life. So it could be the style of music at their period that makes someone what they are? If that's true, he could have been more of a archiac writer if he was a jazz player now. His style as we know definitely wouldn't be a hit in the jazz world today. Think he was able to adapt to his period so it is possible for him to have been able to adapt to this period as well. Probably not at the same level but he would have been someone to listen to. Since (this is something I believe) half a musicians abilities are from a birth (their creative style) and the other half from adapting (learning the style of music they want to play) in the world of music. I still don't agree or disagree but hearing what he would have done otherwise would still be interesting and (in my opinion) definitely different.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.
# 1
chris mood
High Bandwidth
chris mood
High Bandwidth
10/08/2003 9:38 pm
The last cd I bought of his (probably 1996 / around then) he was doing orchestral stuff (i think). I'll have to pull it out and give it another listen, I haven't listened to it since I bought it.
# 2
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
10/08/2003 9:53 pm
I knew his name meantioned as a old timer. Like in the late 50's he played with someone. Didn't realize he is still around, but then again I don't follow much jazz. Just an opinion on whether an artist would still have the same impact as they did in there time as today or more currently. I'll have to check out some of these guys one day.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.
# 3
griphon2
griphon2
10/09/2003 1:19 am
More strange logic. You wouldn't have new chops without the old folks. Fascinating. My goodness, where did blues come from, certainly not a vacuum. Where does new thought come from, certainly not from the theory, the instruments haven't been invented. (I understand the next argument, but it's wimpy. The logic driven by synths, still tonal.) It's about when Jim Hall and Joe Diorio (Steve Morse and Dixie Dregs and so many others) began to wane. To push what we hear, without being to entirely educated. This is not simple, but can be fixed. Example, commercials are starting to be written again, without stealing from some old rocker.
A good sign. Maybe you'll figure it out. When I taught, protect your worth and your job. It becomes life.(especially, to not hurt yours). (taxes and asundries)
A lie goes around the world before the truth gets it's shoes on. (Mark Twain)
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.