View post (Great Solid-State Amps)

View thread

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/30/2003 5:44 am
The $5000+ may turn into about $3200.

If I like (and buy) the Vetta II, I will probably not need/use Dual TRS outputs, with an effects bypass switcher; I'd simply use the one 1/4" cord.

I still plan on having a UGB; probably the EMG JG-2, because of it's smaller size, with the effects run pre-volume, pre-tone; Now, note this; UGB's are run on one 9V battery that lasts in the guitar about 3 months. If I take the battery out, it becomes a normal wired guitar. The battery will have it's seperate small compartment in the back of the guitar, with an easy-to-remove plastic thing on it (no screws, just a push up on one side, type thing). The importance to this, Pony, is the fact that if at any time during my career, I don't like the UGB anymore, i can take the battery out, and the guitar will run like a normal guitar will.

The "shape" i've decided on is very much similar to my Gibson Les Paul Double Cutaway +. It's the "PRS Santana" shape, which allows a little easier access to the 24th fret than the Gibson model. Still have the "Master Tone, Master Volume, 5-Way Selector Switch, 3 humbuckers" idea, but I'm looking into a possible "Master Coil Splitter Switch"; Basically, it's a two way switch. Humbucked/Single Coil. Pretty simple.

Pony, I couldn't find that Valdez guy's website, could you post the link, i'm very eager to talk to this guy.

~Incidents