Power Chords

doriandarkangel
doriandarkangel
09/03/2003 1:42 pm
Common power chords are made with tonic-fith-octava( C-G-C,G-D-G....)the tonic usually played on 6th or 5th string.
Others can be used with diminished fifth T-5b-O.If u add a 7th or minor third, it's not really a power chord anymore, neither a dimished chord( which is T-3m-5b-7b).
Sus 4( T-4-5) or 7/sus4(T-4-5-7m) are aslo commonly used in (Hard)Rock.
U can aslo try these type of chords which sounds quite nice: T-5-9.

Darkangel
# 1
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
09/03/2003 3:38 pm
Originally posted by Number of the Beast
The same thing as a jangle, a jingle, and a chord progression...sort of. He's basically being an idiot by not naming what chords he is playing and instead summing them up as a jiggle. Which is the equivalent of me being asked "what are the lyrics to 'Thick as a Brick'" and me responding, "Oh, the actual words don't matter, but it's like: tralalalaaaaa trala la la la laaaaa."

Easy, dude. If you're willing to dish it out, you gotta be willing to take it, too. And, on this board, take it you will!
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 2
andy82
andy82
09/07/2003 9:59 am
Woowwoo take it easy there beast if you're not trying to start something. I haven't checked the forum for a while and I see the thread got some replies.

Jiggle jingle same **** but the question was asking how you figure the key out and not to get some smartarse too attached to the chord names. If you can't answer Qs like noticing then piss off. Jeez I'm trying to learn theory here and last thing I need is arrogance
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.