View post (Volume of Strat Ultra)

View thread

Graemecauk
Full Access
Graemecauk
Full Access
03/08/2024 3:09 pm
Hi, following my earlier post "Which Strat", things have moved on and I have another question.

In the end I opted for a limited edition Strat Ultra HSS with an ebony fretboard. I fell in love with it as soon as I had it in my hands. It just felt right and had a fantastic, ringing clean tone which was my main reason for looking at strats in the first place.

Comparing side by side with my Les Paul I have noticed that, with the volume of both guitars set to max, the Strat is about a third quieter than the Les Paul on all three pickups and I just want to check that this is normal behaviour for Fender noiseless pickups and not actually a fault I need to get checked out?

As a consequence, the effect I get out of my dirt pedals from the Fender is also a lot more subtle - which is nice, especially with the Tube Screamer -, but I'm guessing I could make the dirt more aggressive with a boost pedal at the start of my signal chain instead if the song calls for it ?

On a similar note, I recently bought a Behringer Super Fuzz as an inexpensive way of trying that effect out before committing to a higher quality unit. The Behringer works fine with my LP but when I play any note past the 6th fret of the high E string of the Strat the sustain drops dramatically to about 2 seconds. This doesn't happen with any of my other dirt effects so I suspect the problem is more to do with the Behringer, but does this mean my noiseless pickups aren't really compatible with any Fuzz pedal?