Are the Stones the only artist you can add?


ItisRael
Registered User
Joined: 09/15/09
Posts: 29
ItisRael
Registered User
Joined: 09/15/09
Posts: 29
07/07/2023 12:07 pm

What’s going on? It seems the only new songs you can provide are stones songs. There are so many other artists. Please start doing a better selection of artists. Everyone is upset with the lose of songs so do a better job of adding new ones.


# 1
W3
Full Access
Joined: 03/09/17
Posts: 146
W3
Full Access
Joined: 03/09/17
Posts: 146
07/08/2023 11:20 am

No doubt! There’s definitely something wrong with this website that after the hatchet job on the heart of the song lessons things have headed south. It’s getting more and more apparent with each obscure RS song. Meanwhile, crickets from admin. Most unfortunate for their loyal subscribers 


# 2
john of MT
Full Access
Joined: 10/08/09
Posts: 1,522
john of MT
Full Access
Joined: 10/08/09
Posts: 1,522
07/08/2023 4:23 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: ItisRael

What’s going on? It seems the only new songs you can provide are stones songs. There are so many other artists. Please start doing a better selection of artists. Everyone is upset with the lose of songs so do a better job of adding new ones.

By my count this early Saturday morning, GT has published 39 song lessons this year.  Half of the songs the last four months were Rolling Stones songs.


But for the year, and counting the 'Stones, lessons for songs by 15 separate artists have been published.


 


 


"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 3
fuzzb0x
Full Access
Joined: 04/02/13
Posts: 579
fuzzb0x
Full Access
Joined: 04/02/13
Posts: 579
07/08/2023 7:26 pm

i have to admit after having a break from this site and then re joining i had hoped to find more new material to jump into than this site is providing.


It's a real shame because i have improved my guitar playing a lot because of Guitar Tricks but if the song lesson selection is going to continue to be this poor i just don't see any need to continue when my subscription ends. I'm actually finding myself going back to learning songs from tab books which is not something i saw myself doing as a video lesson on a song is so much easier to learn from but the songs just ain't here at GT anymore.


# 4
Bobk42
Full Access
Joined: 01/08/08
Posts: 55
Bobk42
Full Access
Joined: 01/08/08
Posts: 55
07/10/2023 2:17 am
#3 Originally Posted by: john of MT

By my count this early Saturday morning, GT has published 39 song lessons this year.  Half of the songs the last four months were Rolling Stones songs.


But for the year, and counting the 'Stones, lessons for songs by 15 separate artists have been published.


 


 

11 out of the last 20 were Rolling Stones.  Obviously we can see what direction GT is going.  Straight down.  I'm expecting them to go bankrupt without any warning to us members.  One day the site will just be gone along with this forum.


# 5
john of MT
Full Access
Joined: 10/08/09
Posts: 1,522
john of MT
Full Access
Joined: 10/08/09
Posts: 1,522
07/10/2023 3:23 am
#5 Originally Posted by: Bobk42

11 out of the last 20 were Rolling Stones.  Obviously we can see what direction GT is going.  Straight down.  I'm expecting them to go bankrupt without any warning to us members.  One day the site will just be gone along with this forum.

Yup.  The Stones are a little-known group with little following.  I'm with you, if GT won't publish just the songs you want then the heck with 'em.  🤣🤣


"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 6
x2z
Full Access
Joined: 12/04/21
Posts: 1
x2z
Full Access
Joined: 12/04/21
Posts: 1
07/11/2023 11:22 am

loving the stones songs 


# 7
ItisRael
Registered User
Joined: 09/15/09
Posts: 29
ItisRael
Registered User
Joined: 09/15/09
Posts: 29
07/11/2023 12:07 pm

Nothing wrong with the stones. It’s just there are so many other artists we would love to learn from and I can’t believe they can’t afford to purchase the rights to these songs.


# 8
innocci
Registered User
Joined: 12/12/12
Posts: 114
innocci
Registered User
Joined: 12/12/12
Posts: 114
07/11/2023 6:12 pm
#8 Originally Posted by: ItisRael

Nothing wrong with the stones. It’s just there are so many other artists we would love to learn from and I can’t believe they can’t afford to purchase the rights to these songs.

I think they committed to having two new songs a week, so sometimes I guess they find an easy song to make it. I would rather have two good songs a month. what about the other genres, I haven't seen any new bluegrass tunes for a while. It seems like Christopher is the only one putting anything out that is worth a damn.


# 9
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Joined: 09/28/05
Posts: 3,467
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Joined: 09/28/05
Posts: 3,467
07/11/2023 9:59 pm

Hi Guitar Players!


We’re working to diversify the content. We will be adding new style and technique lessons very soon. If there are specific styles and techniques you would like to see, please let us know. 


If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 10
Bobk42
Full Access
Joined: 01/08/08
Posts: 55
Bobk42
Full Access
Joined: 01/08/08
Posts: 55
07/11/2023 11:39 pm
#10 Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

Hi Guitar Players!


We’re working to diversify the content. We will be adding new style and technique lessons very soon. If there are specific styles and techniques you would like to see, please let us know. 

Do the math!  Diversify Content + New Style + Technique lessons = NO SONGS


# 11
justreleased09
Registered User
Joined: 03/03/12
Posts: 36
justreleased09
Registered User
Joined: 03/03/12
Posts: 36
07/12/2023 4:25 am

Why not just come out and say that the song library is no longer a priority? It’s obviously not, so why not just communicate that instead of dancing around it? 


# 12
fuzzb0x
Full Access
Joined: 04/02/13
Posts: 579
fuzzb0x
Full Access
Joined: 04/02/13
Posts: 579
07/12/2023 4:59 pm
#10 Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

Hi Guitar Players!


We’re working to diversify the content. We will be adding new style and technique lessons very soon. If there are specific styles and techniques you would like to see, please let us know. 

what is the best way to contact you to let you know what techniques and lessons we would like to see more of here?


# 13
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Joined: 09/28/05
Posts: 3,467
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Joined: 09/28/05
Posts: 3,467
07/12/2023 11:06 pm
#13 Originally Posted by: fuzzb0x

what is the best way to contact you to let you know what techniques and lessons we would like to see more of here?

You can reply here on this forum post or send us an email at admin@guitartricks.com. Looking forward to hearing from you!


If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 14
pinckneynorberto
Registered User
Joined: 07/03/23
Posts: 1
pinckneynorberto
Registered User
Joined: 07/03/23
Posts: 1
07/15/2023 11:41 am

Ok, thanks :)


# 15
ScubaCPA
Full Access
Joined: 05/11/20
Posts: 119
ScubaCPA
Full Access
Joined: 05/11/20
Posts: 119
07/16/2023 7:15 pm
#10 Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

Hi Guitar Players!


We’re working to diversify the content. We will be adding new style and technique lessons very soon. If there are specific styles and techniques you would like to see, please let us know. 

There is already a ton of style and technique lessons on the site.  Probably more than one person could ever hope to do.  And they are good and have helped me tremendously in my journey!  I have done a lot, and intend to do more (of what's already there).  So ... we don't need more technique.  What we need are more songs!  (and not redos of already existing songs* or obscure songs that we never heard of).  Yes ... songs.  Songs that our friends and family will recognize.  Songs to use the techniques learned. Isn't playing songs the reason we learn the techniques?  


* I has been explained to me that one of the reasons you are redoing existing songs is to have them in higher quality video.  I personally don't care about that.  I can learn from low resolution video just as well as high.


Thank you.


Gary

[Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro (2), Fender Player Stratocaster (2), Fender Player Telecaster (2), Squire CV 60's Stratocaster, Hamer Ecotone, Yamaha APX600 (2), Epiphone ES-339, GTX-100 (2), Spark 40 (2), Spark Mini.]

# 16
Bobk42
Full Access
Joined: 01/08/08
Posts: 55
Bobk42
Full Access
Joined: 01/08/08
Posts: 55
07/17/2023 1:32 pm
#16 Originally Posted by: ScubaCPA

There is already a ton of style and technique lessons on the site.  Probably more than one person could ever hope to do.  And they are good and have helped me tremendously in my journey!  I have done a lot, and intend to do more (of what's already there).  So ... we don't need more technique.  What we need are more songs!  (and not redos of already existing songs* or obscure songs that we never heard of).  Yes ... songs.  Songs that our friends and family will recognize.  Songs to use the techniques learned. Isn't playing songs the reason we learn the techniques?  


* I has been explained to me that one of the reasons you are redoing existing songs is to have them in higher quality video.  I personally don't care about that.  I can learn from low resolution video just as well as high.


Thank you.

Agree 100%, couldn't have said it better myself.


# 17
W3
Full Access
Joined: 03/09/17
Posts: 146
W3
Full Access
Joined: 03/09/17
Posts: 146
07/17/2023 1:41 pm

You nailed it brother. 


# 18

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.