View post (Scales/Slash style plz help!)

View thread

Trolle
Trolle
12/28/2000 12:47 pm
To UB:

I can tell you alot about Slash's style, since he was the reason a continued guitarplaying when I was 16 (I started at age 12 for 2 years). I've read dozens of GNR tab-books back then, but learned that many of the tabs where REALLY weird, compared to how I heard the music on the cd's and watched Slash on video (recently I was up front, when Snakepit played in Denmark, takin' pictures and collecting picks for the insane audience). Now I'm 24 and I still listen to Slash-stuff, altough I have expanded to alot of different players, including non-rock/metal playes, as Luigi wisely recommends (so do I).
So UB, feel free to write to my e-mail, I can work out tabs for you in the Slash-spirit and even record it in the studio, so you can get the idea.
Last but far least, I recommend you to use your ears, rather than believing what the tab-books says. It will also help you to adapt to any band or other music-projects, when you can sort out a chordprogression and tonality just by ear after only one "listen-through" (can you say that in english? :-)

fiddles
Trolle
trolle@sinnersinn.dk