View post (Gigging and Building Fanbase)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
01/12/2001 11:47 pm
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
Anyway, I think the key is becoming good at self promotion. [/B]

Yes, but it takes alot of practice. Its not just about hanging up flyers, and making a few phone calls, despite the fact that its hard to tell exactly what interests the people of today, its important be able to have enough energy to give all that you've got on stage. Because voices carry, and all its takes to one person to spread the word. (Its very very important to stand your ground through thick and thin.) Just when my band was creating a strong buzz, suddenly everyone decide they had something better to do with their lives. That was just my luck... However, very important to try your best to communicate with the audiences interests as well as your own. Not necessarily conforming to whats considered to be acceptable today in music, but showng the fans how much you care about your music, expressing your feelings in more than one way. Alot of people today have very fickle fascinaions when it comes to musicians, (especially rock bands), but keep in mind that everyone appreciates a strong perfomance the fact that you're willing to put everything on the line to get your message across.

Alot of the time wee think about fame and fortune, but as long as you're making enough money to stay afloat, you're doing okay. Just maintain a positive attitude.

-Joseph, :).
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."