New Idea-Ricky's Review #1

metalisbest
metalisbest
04/03/2003 3:06 am
Just thought of a new idea that I'll come on here and review the new cds I buy every week whether they are new or old. I decided to call it Ricky's Reivew
Albums:

Band: Weight
Album: Plug Straight In
Genre: Heavy Metal
Review: Local band that rocks it heavy. Awesome guitars. Tight drums. Banging bass. If you like Slayer, Sepultura, etc You'll like this band. Expect to see this band soon.
Stars(5): 4

Band: Audioslave
Album: Audioslave
Genre: Alternative Rock
Review: I have never heard anything bad come from Chris Cornell or the band members of Rage and this album proves it again. Rather you like the riff rock of Soundgarden or the rap metal of Rage than you'll like this album. Tom Morello is on the guitar you can only expect the best and he shows it. Awesome bass and drum combination.
Stars(5): 5

Band: Linkin Park
Album: Metorara(however you spell it)
Genre: rap metal, nu metal
Review: This one will go platinum of course. If you don't like rap don't bother with this album. A lot more sampling in this one than the first. Brad Delson finds new guitar moves but they are worn out on the album. Other instruments are nothing to get excited about. They always find a way to right pretty good songs lyric-wise.
Stars(5): 2

Band: Various Artists
Album: Handpicked Volume Two
Genre: mostly rock, some different stuff
Review: A bunch of local and regional bands from my area on this cd. Originally started by Hootie and the Blowfish, this cd has its pros and cons. The song by Quench called "The Graduate" is the best. The ones by Five Way Friday and The Working Title are pretty good. You can probally only get this in South Carolina because I got it from Quench.
Stars(5): 3

Thank You and stay tuned to next time. The man, Rick Dawg.
Brought to you by the one and only Guitartricks.com
# 1
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
04/03/2003 3:39 am
instead of posting them, send them to the newsletter

gtnewsletter@yahoo.com
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 2
metalisbest
metalisbest
04/03/2003 9:28 pm
How do i do that? Why?
# 3
metalisbest
metalisbest
04/04/2003 1:18 am
Sorry didn't see that email address.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.