AGH!! Help!! FIRST BAND!! AGH!!

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
03/25/2003 1:59 pm
Right guys, never have I need you more than now!! Looks like am about to join a band. Its gonna be a drummer, bassist, singer, and me on Lead guitar!! I have no band exsperience and they all do! What am I gona do!!
Ive recorded myself playing along to songs and Im really good but so far as playing in a band am so scared! What if i cant keep in time? Or i keep making loadsa mistakes! Oh jeez n am the guitarist! in the guitar band!! Am like the conductor! Oh jeez! oh no!!
Help - Advice! am a gonna fall flat on ma face!!
# 1
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
03/25/2003 3:15 pm
Here's some advice...
Quit stressing about it and enjoy the experience...
You'll fall into the groove of things quick enough
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 2
Slow Diver
Slow Diver
03/25/2003 8:59 pm
Don't worry, you will make some mistakes, as everybody in your place would. Accept it. Nobody's perfect. But that is not at all important.
And if you are fine with playing with a metronome there should be no reason for concern about being in time.

The world is loaded, it's lit to pop, nobody is gonna stop!
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/25/2003 9:28 pm
Chill Dude,

Don’t expect too much initially, just learn your craft!

Like everything else the more you do it, the better you get at it ! Don’t take the knocks too personally and dot let success go to your head !

And remember, the most important thing is to have fun !

If you break a string on stage, so what, enjoy doing it !

Also getting a line tester is not a bad idea, this will ensure that whatever you plug in to is grounded. Much better than un intentionally providing the pyrotechnics!

My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 4
metalisbest
metalisbest
03/25/2003 10:47 pm
Dude...
There is nothing to worry about. First bands are nothing, now when you play your first live gig. Good luck there. Just kidding man. Being in bands is fun, your not supposed to be worrying about what the other guys think about you. Your supposed to be working together to put out the best music possible.
# 5
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
03/25/2003 11:06 pm
This is freaky cos the drummer, who i first strarted emailing actually lived along the raod from me, she now lives in another town. But i used to go out with her sister. The drummer, is a girl and is really well known, had auditions with EMI and that. Im scared am outta ma depth, plus this is like my ultra fantasy, female band member n all!!
# 6
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
03/26/2003 9:08 pm
Originally posted by PonyOne
Just keep the band the band and the romance the romance.

HEHE, tell Fleetwood Mac that. :)
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 7
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
03/28/2003 6:12 am
Ok - actually the Drummer and the bassman are the two most important dudes in a band for they are the backbone. if they are realy good and glued to eacother (in terms of accuracy and groove) then you´ll have an easy life as a guitarist. Theres nothing to be afraid of when joining a band. i dont think that its a mega-famous band, is it? so if you are making some mistakes (and you will make them - aswell as every other dude in the band will), then so be it - as long as you dont stop playing everytime you miss a note, its ok!

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.