electric guitar sound problem

kal6ten
Full Access
kal6ten
Full Access
06/01/2023 10:01 am

Hello LisaMcC!

My name is Tenzin and I am  one of your student.

Thank you for nice teaching and I really like the way you teaching. I did finish fundamental1 with you , now @ fundamental 2 Chapter 2. I enjoyed liked it  so far I have issues if you could help me:1 where Can I get some song with only tablature because when I practice songs too many to paper print and plus reading.

2.Can you guide me how to set amp with electric guiter because I cannot get guitar sound as your guitar sound how to do that ?

thank you 

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
06/02/2023 5:38 pm

Hey Kal! Thanks for writing in. If you are a Full Access subscriber, you can ask Lisa this question directly! Scroll down in the forum to the members section and you will see Lisa's name. You can message her about this question specifically. Otherwise, learning guitar is a journey, so dialing in your tone can sometimes take a lot of trial and error. Test out different setting combinations on your amp, and your guitar. See what sounds good! Every guitar, amp, and player will make each piece of gear souund different.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
quanganhkop01
quanganhkop01
06/12/2023 4:18 am

Hello, 

1. To find songs with only tablature (tabs) for practice, you can visit websites like Ultimate Guitar (www.ultimate-guitar.com) or Songsterr (www.songsterr.com). These websites have a vast collection of songs with tabs that you can search and use for practice. They often provide options to play the tabs directly on the website, which can be helpful for practicing without needing to print the tabs.

2. Achieving a specific guitar sound like the one you hear in recordings can be a combination of several factors, including the guitar itself, the amplifier, effects pedals, and the player's technique. Here are a few general tips to help you improve your electric guitar sound:

• Start with a good-quality guitar: Ensure that your guitar is properly set up, has good intonation, and has decent pickups that suit your desired sound.

• Experiment with different amplifier settings: Adjust the tone, gain, and EQ controls on your amplifier to find the desired sound. Try different combinations to find what works best for you.

• Use effects pedals: Effects pedals can enhance your guitar sound and add different tones and textures. Experiment with pedals like overdrive, distortion, delay, reverb, and modulation effects to shape your sound.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.