View post (To GT and the instructors)

View thread

Bobk42
Full Access
Bobk42
Full Access
06/20/2023 10:34 pm
#16 Originally Posted by: bssailor

It is very disappointing to see so many songs dumped all at once. I joined GT because of the song lessons. I've also learned a lot from the other lessons, but by far, my reason for joining was the extensive song lessons. This is on top of the big dump a year or so ago. I appreciate all of the work the instructors put into the song lessons and it seems a shame it is now all going to waste. I also don't understand the reason so many were dumped at once. It seems like it must be for financial reasons. It doesn't seem reasonable the publishers just all of a sudden decided to collaborate and jack up the licensing fees all at the same time. It's also frustrating to be on a yearly subscription and have this happen when I have almost a year to go on my subscription. I've cancelled my subscription and won't be renewing. I'll just have to make the best use of the site until my subscription runs out.

Im in the exact same situation.  I also joined in 2008 and cancelled my subscription.  What's even more disappointing is GT's lack of response to all these posts.  I guess they'd rather lose their customers than give a detailed response.  I predict GT won't be around too much longer.