The last straw

Bobk42
Full Access
Bobk42
Full Access
05/02/2023 11:37 am

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse with all my posts lately about the loss of 330 songs.  I, along with many other GT members, have been deeply disappointed by the loss and angered by the indifference GT seems to have in giving an actual explanation.  Blaming the publisher is their stock answer but they won't say why the publisher refuses to renew the license.  My guess is cost.  What other reason could there be?  GT leaves us to our own speculations instead of just being transparent.  The Admins. read these posts but stay away from this issue.  I've been a member for 15 years and along the way other songs have been deleted from time to time which was also disappointing.  Once a song is gone I've never seen it come back again so I wouldn't hold my breath for any of those 330 songs to magically reappear someday.   If GT gave us any indication that they're working toward that goal I could at least give them the benefit of the doubt but they just remain silent.  So, after 15 years of being a member I just cancelled my auto subscription which is still in effect until March 2024.  It'll give me time to learn all the remaining songs I'm working on, that is if they aren't also deleted before then.  To all who stay with GT I hope your guitar playing journey is successful and I think GT is an excellent site but for me this was the last straw.

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
05/02/2023 3:37 pm

Thanks for the wishes Bob. Good luck to you as well in your journey. 

Bill

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
ItisRael
ItisRael
05/03/2023 2:06 pm

To me what also adds to everyone’s disappointments for the loss of songs is the lack of adding new material. Ok you say fees for these songs are too much what excuse do you have for not adding at least 3 or 4 new songs a week to make up for it?

# 3
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
05/03/2023 5:33 pm

Travel safe Bob

Rumble

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.