View post (Hey Guitar Tricks Give Us A Real Explanation)

View thread

gymrat5320
Full Access
gymrat5320
Full Access
04/12/2023 8:26 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: Bobk42

I've been a member since 2008 and rarely, if ever, post in the forum.  Likewise I don't regularly check the forum for information so I just learned today that over 300 songs are now gone.  I see that the administrator posted back in early March that the songs were going to be deleted so I'll give him some credit for that, but not for the way GT did it. It could have been handled much differntly, and better.  Not everyone reads the forum.  This isn't the first times songs have been taken away from us but there's never detailed information as to why.  Just saying that a publisher isnt't renewing a license doesn't cut it.  How about giving your customers some real information as to why the licenses arent being renewed?  Is it that they won't renew them or that GT isn't willing to pay what they're charging? Also you never address whether you're working to get the songs back again in the future, you just keep us guessing at what's going on.  I personally have never seen a song come back again, not the one's I liked anyway.

When songs that have been on your site for years suddenly dissappear I think you guys could give us customers better information.  What's to stop this happening again in another month?  I assume that when you have a license for a song you're well aware of the expitation date of the license.  You could easily post that date in the song lesson so that us customers would at least have an idea of how long we could expect to see it.  It's total BS the way you handled this, a simple post in the forum in early March.  Considering you deleted an enormous amount of songs you could have made some sort of announcement on GT's homepage, sent customers an email, Youtube video, something..........anything.  

I honestly don't care about the other features of your site or what your big plans for the future are.  I've stayed a customer because of the song lessons, and always assumed they would be there when I wanted to use them.  While other members may disagree with me I'm just speaking from my own perspective, the other features of of the site may be beneficial to other guitarists but just not to me.

Please GT, give us some real information on why 300 songs are gone and will probably never return.  You owe us that much.

Yes please explain why the songs were removed.