Beginner question

Hao_ZN
Hao_ZN
03/21/2023 12:44 am

Hi, im Hao from Italy, i was bored with my usual routine and so i bought a guitar.

I started to learn from youtube (2-3h every day for a month and a half rn), basically everyone ar saying to learn from Justin but Ive a problem whit him, basically I want to learn how to play like Eddie van der meer, and i found very few videos of justin explaining fingerstyle.

I really want to play some japanese fingerstyle songs, so i want to learn from some video/lesson/teacher focus on fingerstyle.

If anyone can recommend me a fingerstyle focused teacher, thx u so much.

# 1
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/21/2023 1:08 pm

Hi Hao,

Welcome to GuitarTricks!

I have quite a few lessons on the basics of fingrpicking. These may or may not be the style or level of advancement you are looking for, but it's certainly a start!

We start with the very basics, and build on up from there.

Here is the first of many lessons: https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson/12106

Hope this helps !

- Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 2
innocci
innocci
03/21/2023 5:49 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: Hao_ZN

Hi, im Hao from Italy, i was bored with my usual routine and so i bought a guitar.

I started to learn from youtube (2-3h every day for a month and a half rn), basically everyone ar saying to learn from Justin but Ive a problem whit him, basically I want to learn how to play like Eddie van der meer, and i found very few videos of justin explaining fingerstyle.

I really want to play some japanese fingerstyle songs, so i want to learn from some video/lesson/teacher focus on fingerstyle.

If anyone can recommend me a fingerstyle focused teacher, thx u so much.

lisa McCormick is a great begginer teacher, try out her lessons. There are also some great fingerstyle books and cd combos out there. Edgar cruz has fingersyle arrangements of four Queen songs on DVD that will really help. Check fingerstyle guitar magazine, that is how I got started in fingerstyl about fifteen years ago

# 3
RonJ66
RonJ66
04/05/2023 1:31 pm

Welcome to Guitartricks.  I hope you find what you need.

Great bunch of students and teachers here.

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.