Hello guitar players

Cataene
Cataene
03/09/2023 5:53 pm

Hy all

I`m Catalin from Romania and i`ve just started this guitar journey, 

First of all thank you  GuitarTricks for creating this, i`m so glad that you exist, the instructors are great and there is so much variety,

I own a Fender Redondo Player acoustic guitar and I`ve enjoyed a lot the Core Guitar Fundamentals 1 and 2

In the modules Blues, Country, Rock the instructors are using a large variety of electric guitars and it`s normal to do so. 

In order to pursue the journey with differents styles Blues, Country, do you think that my acoustic guitar is suitable for these modules? 

Thank you

# 1
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/10/2023 3:53 pm

Hi Catalin,

So good to have you here with us at Guitar Tricks!
Congratulations on all of your progress so far!

You ask a very good question. 

As musical styles, the Blues and Country music are rooted in an acoustic tradition, pre-dating the existence of electric guitars!
Both styles sound great when played on the acoustic guitar.

However, as time has gone on and electric guitars came on the scene, it has resulted in some Blues and Country styles and techniques that are best suited to electric guitar. 

I would recommend you get started with the Blues, and/or Country lessons, on your acoustic guitar. 

And if you find yourself really wanting to make some of the sounds that are best played on an electric guitar, you might try to get yourself an electric guitar! 

Most of all, have fun! 
- Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.