Help identifying Guitar (ESP 80's?)

J Linton
J Linton
03/04/2023 7:06 pm

Hi, I inherited this guitar from a friend who passed, and I'm resolved to learn to play on it. I'm thinking its an 80s or early 90's ESP Strat, maybe a 400.
It looks like it may have parts from different guitars on it, the neck has a made-in-Japan sticker on it, and I believe my friend has purchased it from a Japanese importer. There is a disconcerting scratch out on the head by the brand. The neckplate on the back is strange as it only has a small ESP stamp and not the larger logo found in later models, it looks quite old and its serial # predates any surviving ESP records which I think go back to the 90s due to some fire that occurred in the late '80s or so I have been told.

Tell me what you think

M

Back Body

pickups

Back Plate

Head Back

Head

Back Full

Front Full

edited
# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
03/04/2023 9:12 pm

Sorry I don't have anything to offer on the guitar but what a nice remembrance to your friend. 

Take your time and enjoy the learning experience.

Its a beautiful looking guitar btw.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
J Linton
J Linton
03/04/2023 9:17 pm
#2 Originally Posted by: William MG

Sorry I don't have anything to offer on the guitar but what a nice remembrance to your friend. 

Take your time and enjoy the learning experience.

Its a beautiful looking guitar btw.

Thank you very much. I feel im starting a bit late 43, but I dont thaint it matters, I just hope to have fun and enjoy the experience of learning.

# 3
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
03/04/2023 10:41 pm
#3 Originally Posted by: J Linton

Thank you very much. I feel im starting a bit late 43, but I dont thaint it matters, I just hope to have fun and enjoy the experience of learning.

You will meet many late bloomers here. I was 56!

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.