Hello from New Orleans, Louisiana

jwdomfs
jwdomfs
02/05/2023 4:16 am

Just joined Guitar Tricks & only been playing about a year. I am 53 so a little late to the hobby but it is alot of fun & very challenging. Look forward to getting to interact with people on here. Play both electric & acoustic guitar. I guess a good question would be what are some recommendations for a good quality acoustic guitar? I have tried the D28 & the Gibson J45 playing them at the guitar shop. Right now I just have a Martin 000 Jr because it was a little smaller. Looking for something that has both acoustic & can plug in. No cutaway.

# 1
mjgodin
mjgodin
02/05/2023 12:39 pm

Welcome

Started  at 58 myself and still at it at 61, but played in my early twenties for a bit.  Many other late learners  here so you'll do fine. 

As for recommendations on an acoustic both of those models should serve you well. I have a Gibson l-00 which is smaller than the j45 and I love it so partial to them, but would never discount a Martin or a Taylor. Whatever feels more comfortable to you. Good luck. 

Moe

# 2
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
02/05/2023 11:09 pm

Hey JW,

You described some awesome, investment quality guitars.  If you've got the pockets, great!  There are a number of excellent options for considerably less. You're local shop guy can help you out. Remember - if you can't hear/feel a difference in tone or playability, then a higher price is feeding some other need. I tend to lust after the big names myself.

Rumble

# 3
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/18/2023 7:43 pm

Absolutley no such thing as it being too late to learn! 

The awesome thing is this: you are putting time and energy into something you love - and it is never too late for that!

Congrats - Lisa

Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.