Words

BrokenSolo
BrokenSolo
01/28/2023 8:10 pm

I'm new to this site , I've played with a guitar (and a mandolin and uke) for too many years without making much progress. Hence I'm here starting again.  I'm finding the site hard to use, hopefully I'll get used to it over time. I've looked at only one song so far and a few lessons.  The teaching of the one song, I thought was great but was a little disappointed to find that there were no words with the chord chart which I think would have helped me put the words and the music together.  Just a couple of early observations.

# 1
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
01/28/2023 9:28 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: BrokenSolo

I'm new to this site , I've played with a guitar (and a mandolin and uke) for too many years without making much progress. Hence I'm here starting again.  I'm finding the site hard to use, hopefully I'll get used to it over time. I've looked at only one song so far and a few lessons.  The teaching of the one song, I thought was great but was a little disappointed to find that there were no words with the chord chart which I think would have helped me put the words and the music together.  Just a couple of early observations.

If you're talking about a song tutorial, and it sounds like you are, take a look at the song's lesson page(s).  To the right of "Description" and "Notation" is "Lyrics".  Click on that and you'll be presented with lyrics and chords.  It's been that way for quite a while... I don't know if there are some old lessons lurking without the feature.

Good luck, have fun.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 2
BrokenSolo
BrokenSolo
01/28/2023 10:55 pm
#2 Originally Posted by: john of MT

If you're talking about a song tutorial, and it sounds like you are, take a look at the song's lesson page(s).  To the right of "Description" and "Notation" is "Lyrics".  Click on that and you'll be presented with lyrics and chords.  It's been that way for quite a while... I don't know if there are some old lessons lurking without the feature.

Good luck, have fun.

Well, that merely highlights the fact that the website is not the easiest and most user-friendly website on the Internet.  The song I was playing with doesn't have any lyrics, but even if it did I would never have looked there for them, somehow not logical given that I was watching the video and tab.  Thank you john of MT..

# 3
Mikasa99
Mikasa99
07/11/2023 7:38 am

You may feel frustrated at the beginning but with time and practice, you'll likely become more accustomed to using it. fnf

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.