View post (not progressing with acoustic :()

View thread

Fender.Bender
Full Access
Fender.Bender
Full Access
01/18/2023 5:59 pm

I've had my acoustic guitar now for about 2 years. before autumn 22 I learned from youtube and 'Your guitar academy' free lessons. All i hear around me is that you should keep practise sessions short, but frequent and that's what I've been doing really.  

However, now that I look at my progress I have to say I'm not pleased. I don't mind that I'm still playing open chords since, there is a lot you can play with them, but my chord changes are still s**t and playing along a beginner tune I have to play it at 0,75x speed and still it's s***t.  The F chord is totally out of the question, no matter which way I try to play it, and it makes a total mess of whatever beginner song I would tackle. 

After everything that I just said, it may sound crazy, but what do you guys thing about buyng an electric guitar in this situation? I listen to rock mainly and the idea all along has been to buy an electric. I was thinking that perhaps by learning some power chords (easier??)  and actually procucing some meaningful sounds, I would keep up my motivation and maybe have some fun for a change...

Sorry for the depressing post and thanks in advance for any advice.