First live consultation/Lesson

ddiddler
Full Access
ddiddler
Full Access
01/13/2023 2:49 pm

To all GT instructors

.After a couple of years on GT and worrying about becoming technical but not always musical I summoned up the courage to move from the bedroom playing to sitting with a live human with a view to taking ongoing lessons. If anyone else has reservations about this next step, don't hesitate, go for it.

First he enjoyed a play on my Faith Parlour acoustic. Happy with the set up. , tone , everything Warned not to touch it. Using Alice strings. P Bronze 11-52 after advice from contributors on this forum

He was complimentary about my strumming , even the up strums of which I am very critical. I hear bicycle spoke strumming  , he was happy with the tone and clarity.  Same with use and clarity of the open chord changes.The strumming patterns, the various scale patterns gleaned from GT lessons .  Basically put me at a higher level than I would do myself. Above what I had conveyed in my introductory email.

Music tastes compliment . both from way back and current so hopefully we will gel well as tutor/pupil.

The song he wants to take forward will be Ben E King, Stand by Me.  Unfortunately not a song included in GT library but I'm sure whatever techniques he throws my way will always be covered in GT

Happily I had just completed my first full song lesson with Mike Olekshy. Ed Sheeran's Perfect using simpler strum and chords. That went down well.

Big shout out to all GT instructors who have got me this far, includes many lessons away from the pathway including some theory ( Christopher Schlegel). The GT channel. MIke Olekshy's Friday night youtube sessions which I catch later in the UK.  Same for Dave Celantano. I catch Gary Heimbauer on Youtube ,  big help with the strumming workshops, huge difference.

Not due for renewal for a while yet but I will definitely be continuing my GT subscription, hand in hand with my real life,/sit down with / tutor

Once Again. Thanks to All

Dave L

edited
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.