View post (Let Your Love Flow - trouble with my pick)

View thread

edithb
Full Access
edithb
Full Access
12/29/2022 10:07 pm

Hi, Mike.

I didn't see anybody else asking about this lesson so maybe I'm just lan old hippie, living in the past!  This has always been one of my favorite songs.

No trouble feeling where the accents belong.  In fact, when I'm not playing my guitar (just reading or doing stuff around the house), I tap out the sixteenth notes or at least hear them in my head.

It's hard for me to keep up with you on the full performance (even if I dial the speed down to .9).  I know speed comes only from a relaxed hand and wrist, but then my pick starts to rotate, slide around and tries to escape from my finger and thumb.  If I grip the pick firmly enogh to keep it from sliding around, then I lose that relaxed feeling.

Any ideas?  Are there picks with a textured, matte surface that don't slide around so easily?

I haven't made much progress in all the years I've been with GT.  Probably because nobody else in my household plays, and I don't hang out with people who play.  Just keep taking lessons with many of your instructors.  Have gone through the fundamentals tutorials (with both Lisa and Anders) and now and then exlore the songs.

You're a great instructor.  Thanks for the variety of songs you teach for beginners and your approach.  Very understandable.